This is an update for all students beginning or returning to study at LCoM in September 2020. This guidance reflects the situation as of 15 June 2020 and will be updated with further information in due course.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Our Campus and Facilities
- Our campuses at both St Peter’s Square and Playhouse Square will be open from September. Where practicable you will be timetabled in these buildings for practical classes throughout the year.
- Over the summer we will be assessing and adapting our facilities to ensure that we can deliver a safe conservatoire experience and that bespoke facilities, such as our music production studios, dance studios and rehearsal spaces, are safe to use.
- A Library service will be available for you to access the texts, scores and resources that you need to study.
- Your first semester will be delivered via a combination of online and in-person teaching and, where possible, in the second semester we will look to increase the amount that you are taught in-person.
- Larger group lectures will initially be delivered online, but we will look to deliver these in-person in smaller classes where it is safe to do so.
- 1:1 tuition, if offered on your chosen degree, may be taught live in-person or with your tutor online.
- Some online learning will continue throughout the year, particularly for lecture/seminar modules or sessions that don’t require specific equipment or resources.
- We are working closely with our programme teams and event managers to create sustainable ways to undertake core ensembles and performances, with consideration of government guidance around public events.
- You will be given the opportunity to inform us if, due to shielding, you cannot attend in-person delivery, and we will consider the best course of action for you.
- We will be extending our teaching days to accommodate as much teaching in our buildings as we can. This means that there might be teaching on weekday evenings up to 9pm, at the weekend up to 4pm and teaching in reading weeks for some classes.
- We will build time into the curriculum for circulation and cleaning. As a result, we may not be able to give you a teaching day without gaps in your schedule, but we will endeavour to keep any spaces in your timetable to a minimum.
Arrival and induction
- We are anticipating that different year groups will have different start dates to allow for socially distant induction and accommodation arrival processes. Your safety as well as your experience is paramount.
- Induction for first year, foundation year and postgraduate students will start on 21 September, with teaching starting in the week commencing 28 September. This is one week later than planned.
- Induction for second (L5) and third (L6) year students, will start on 28 September, with teaching starting in the week commencing 5 October. This is two weeks later than planned.
- We are working with our Students’ Union to create a series of events during induction, and throughout the year, that will enable you to experience the social side of LCoM. Where possible these will be held in-person.
- If you have already booked your accommodation for September and the above arrangements affect your contract (such as the start date), please speak to your accommodation provider or landlord.
- If you still need to find accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org